The Homeschooler's Retreat
CLOSED DOWN AND MOVED. SEE ANNOUNCMENT.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

CLOSED DOWN AND MOVED. SEE ANNOUNCMENT.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Doctrines of Grace

Go down

The Doctrines of Grace Empty The Doctrines of Grace

Post by Andy Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:47 pm

I mentioned these in the denominations forum, but that's not the best place for a discussion.
What do you guys think about these doctrines? Do you agree with them?

1. Because of Adam's Fall, every person born into the human race is born sinful, and loves sin so much that the things of God have no appeal.
In short, mankind is a total slave to sin with no natural hope of salvation. (Isaiah 64:6-7, Jeremiah 17:9, Psalm 10:4, Romans 3:10, Psalm 53:1-4, 1 Corinthians 2:14)

2. God has an elect, a chosen people, whom he has redeemed for his glory.
((Now let me make a clarification, those who are not elect are not "predestined" for hell...because of their sinful nature they Choose to go there.))
Scriptural Support for this would be: Romans 9:8-29 (If you don't have time to look up the others look up the Romans 9 passage) Romans 11:5-8, Ephesians 1:5-12, 1 Thessalonians 1:4, 1 Peter 1:2

3. Now, There's a bit of difference among people as far as the atonement, some say that Christ died only for the elect, But I think the clearest and most biblical view is that Christ died for the sins of all mankind, with a special intent for the elect.
In short, Christ purchased the elect while providing an opportunity for all, making the gospel call a legitimate offer.
But this I can say with biblical certainty, Christ had a special intent for his elect. (1 John 4:10, Hebrews 9:13-15, Romans 8:32, John 10:15-16, Ephesians 2:13, Isaiah 53:10-11)

4. God "quickens" his elect.
He makes them alive and gives them a new heart, a hatred for sin and a love for him.
Because of this change of heart, they will believe.
God gives repentance and faith to his elect. (Romans 8:29-30, Ephesians 2:1-10, John 6:37, Acts 11:18, Psalm 110:3, 1 Corinthians 15:10, Philippians 2:13, Acts 13:48)

5. You cannot lose your salvation, and all who are truly saved will persevere. (Romans 6:1-4, Ephesians 1:11-14, Philippians 1:6, Colossians 3:1-4, 1 Thessalonians 5:23, 2 Thessalonians 3:3-5, 2 Timothy 1:12, Ephesians 4:30, Hebrews 3:14, 2 Timothy 4:18)
Andy
Andy

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum