The Homeschooler's Retreat
CLOSED DOWN AND MOVED. SEE ANNOUNCMENT.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

CLOSED DOWN AND MOVED. SEE ANNOUNCMENT.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Being Homeschooled

5 posters

Go down

Being Homeschooled Empty Being Homeschooled

Post by FiddleRose Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:51 am

How do you feel about being homeschooled? Do you like it, or do you wish you attended a regualr school? Do you have very many friends?
FiddleRose
FiddleRose
A graceful beauty

http://www.fictionpress.com/~brokenbeauty

Back to top Go down

Being Homeschooled Empty Re: Being Homeschooled

Post by Cal jordon Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:22 am

I have very few friend. I wish i could attend regular school.
Cal jordon
Cal jordon
Lounging outside.

Back to top Go down

Post by FiddleRose Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:34 am

I'm sorry to hear that, Jake. Sad

I love being homeschooled. Many of my friends are homeschooled too. Sometimes I wish I could go to a regular school, but that feeling quickly passes. Being homeschooled in one of the best things of my childhood.

~Sapphire~
FiddleRose
FiddleRose
A graceful beauty

http://www.fictionpress.com/~brokenbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Cal jordon Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:39 am

UGH HORRIBLE i have no friends
Cal jordon
Cal jordon
Lounging outside.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pyro Maelstrom Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:15 pm

Home schooling is okay, but I have never really known anything different. As for friends, off the internet I really don't have any.
Pyro Maelstrom
Pyro Maelstrom
Partying!

Location : I'm a city kid, born and raised, especially when on an elevator.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hadar Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:07 pm

I was in public school from Kindergarten to 3rd grade. When my parents pulled me out, I truly hated it. Some days, I remember, I was just so ridiculous and stupid about it. But for the first two years I truly hated. This is my 7th year being homeschooled. And now, it's the normal thing and I love it. The friends I have now, almost all of them are homeschooled and/or Messianic. Most all Messianic people are homeschooled. It's kinda a trend. Very Happy I have a lot of friends, but because of where I live(in the middle of nowhere, out in the woods), I don't see them often. And the closest friend is more than half an hour away. Not really that far, but it's not close, and I'm not really that close to her. My closest friend, my best friend, lives 2 hours away from me. The next closest friend that I know well is... Well, the 3 or 4 people I'm thinking of live in Pennsylvania. That's like 11 hours from me. And then there's Gabe, way down in TN. That's like a thousand something miles. About a 24 hrs drive. I've got a lot of friends, but internet is like my only way to contact them. But when I compare my friends now, all my homeschooled friends, to the ones I had in public school, I see how shallow they were. You guys, all of you guys, are awesome.
Hadar
Hadar
Ordinary day working...

Back to top Go down

Post by HippiePrincess Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:19 pm

I went to school for a few weeks in third grade. It was miserable for me. Shortly after that my mom started a new homeschool curriculum that I love. My brothers go to public school. One of them loves it the other one misses homeschooling.

As for friends, I've got a lot of 'em. My best friend lives about twenty minutes away, but that's why phones were invented! She's homeschooled too. We both love it and plan to do it for awhile, but who knows what the future brings?
HippiePrincess
HippiePrincess
He knows his way around here.

http://aioinsanity.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum