The Homeschooler's Retreat
CLOSED DOWN AND MOVED. SEE ANNOUNCMENT.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

CLOSED DOWN AND MOVED. SEE ANNOUNCMENT.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stuff you wrote

+2
Cal jordon
HippiePrincess
6 posters

Go down

Stuff you wrote Empty Stuff you wrote

Post by HippiePrincess Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:04 am

Post something you wrote. An old school assignment, a poem, a short story whatever and explain why you wrote it.

Here's a sample of something I've been working on for a while. I sort of happened by accident, I was just writing out of boredom and then I suddenly had a three chapters written down!

Almost three years had gone by. I was going to the castle quite often now. The queen had me come over almost every week! I no longer called the royal family by their official titles. It was “Miss Julia” or just “Julia” instead of “Your Highness”.

I was treated like family there. Gloria, Sir John and Sir Charles treated me like family too, but I liked feeling so- so at home. I never really lost my fascination with royalty. It was in my blood.

It was my eleventh birthday. Every year since my eighth birthday, my pseudo family and I would would go the castle and we would all so something fun and exciting.

I had grown quite a bit since that day three years ago. I was almost as tall as Gloria. Gloria was rather short, but I wasn’t about to extinguish my burning height-related pride.
I knew the people at the castle very well too. It seemed that things were changing for the better, I didn’t know the half of it!

I haven't really looked over it, so my apologies for spelling and grammar errors.
HippiePrincess
HippiePrincess
He knows his way around here.

http://aioinsanity.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Stuff you wrote Empty Re: Stuff you wrote

Post by Cal jordon Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:24 am

well i do have a story i can share...
Cal jordon
Cal jordon
Lounging outside.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hadar Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:48 pm

HP, I love that!! Looks quite interesting!! And Jake, share it!! Very Happy
Hadar
Hadar
Ordinary day working...

Back to top Go down

Post by Cal jordon Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:45 am

I stared at the different brands of chocolate chip cookies, unsure which one to buy. Even though I was 14, I hadn’t done much shopping. Now that I had the chance to, I was confused. I finally chose a brand that had 24 cookies on sale for $2.99. I walked to the cash register and was surprised to see one of my brother’s friends, Mike, to be the cashier. I got in line and waited my turn. Finally I was there. I handed him the cookies and a 5 dollar bill.
“Hi Jake,” he said.
“Hi Mike. I didn’t know you worked here. I thought you’d be enjoying the vacation on Schroon Lake. Or maybe at the Word of Life Camp. But to find you at Gregory’s Convenience Store? No way!” He grinned and handed me my change.
When I left the store I spotted a sign which said that there was going to be a race here in ten days which was on June 16 and any outboard motorboat could drive in it. I raced to my motor boat (which instead of driving it at the back it had a steering wheel that controlled it) then drove around to our picnic spot which was at the far side of Word of Life Island.
“Hey, I thought you would never come back,” Tommy remarked.
“Well, here I am,” I shot back.
“I’m starved,” Derek complained.
As we ate our chicken wings with biscuits, followed by cookies and cake, I told them the race. You had to be above 13, have a motor boat, report every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, and the registration was $15. My brother Josh said that CJ Page, Benjamin Long, and the Thibos were coming for vacation. Jonny, his sister Kate, and his parents were from Florida, so I was surprised that they were coming.
After the picnic, we cleaned up and drove home. In the morning I woke up at 8 then at 9:30 and Josh, Tommy, Derek, and I drove to the dock, signed up for the race then Josh drove Derek and I to practice baseball. We played for the Schroon Lake Eagles. After 3 hours of practice, we went to pick up our shirts for the race. As I looked over the list I saw the town bully, Bill. I gasped and called my friend over.
My cell phone rang; it was Mommy telling us to get CJ and Jonny from the airport.
“What’s all the fuss,” I puzzled as we reached the airport.
There were hundreds of people streaming out. I spotted Jonny at a soda shop nearby which was so crowded we lost him but stumbled on CJ drinking a soda.
“Hey I’ve been waiting for you a long time,” CJ said.
“Well we still have to find the Thibos,” Tommy suggested.
“Let’s go two by two,” suggested Derek.
“Okay Tommy and Josh, Jake and me, and Derek by himself,” CJ commanded.
As we walked I asked CJ a few questions.
“How come your parent and sister aren’t coming?” I inquired.ull
“Well, my parents are at a lodge in Oregon and my sister is at summer camp,” CJ replied.
My cell phone rang. It was Tommy calling that they found the Thiboses. We found them at the car loading a lot of boxes.
“What are those boxes for?”I asked.
“That silly boat they have been working on,” replied Mrs. Thibos in an exasperated voice.
First thing after we arrived our guest went to sleep and sleep they did. They slept from morning to evening then we put together Jonny’s boat and it seemed we could not fix it. After trying again and again until we found out we had mixed up two boxes.
The next day we went to get our places in the boat race in the preliminary race. I ended up fifteenth place in the third race tomorrow (Wednesday). I had the number twenty-seven, and was in group five. Josh who was in group three was in the first race of the day and was number thirty. (Check afterward for other places) I found myself the next day at the site of the race in my boat beside a jeering town bully. He was taunting me to scorn until an official started glaring at him, then with a final word he left me alone. As the race started I zipped to 5 place where I stayed until I opened full force and crossed the line in third place just as my engine blacked out right there.
it is not finished yet...
Cal jordon
Cal jordon
Lounging outside.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hadar Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:08 am

That's good, Jake!!! Not my style/genre, but still really good!!
Hadar
Hadar
Ordinary day working...

Back to top Go down

Post by Yehoshua Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:28 am

I didn't get credit for helping him edit his typos and making it based off Scroon Lake, NY! Mad

Wink
Yehoshua
Yehoshua
Prinicipal

http://www.theaiofanslife.viviti.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Cal jordon Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:32 am

thank you
Cal jordon
Cal jordon
Lounging outside.

Back to top Go down

Post by camouflage Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:55 pm

'Twas a chilly morning as Patton crawled out of his tent. It was Sukkot of 2010. He made his way down to the dining hall where he found Karl and Dustin sitting at a table.
"Yo, ‘sup?" asked Karl as he stared blankly at his computer screen. Shaking his head, Patton sat down. After a short moment of silence, Patton turned to Karl.
"Is Winks still asleep, Hobo?" Patton asked his younger brother.
"Uhm…," Karl tore his gaze from G-mod. "What?"
"Is Wi-"
"Oh, no. I saw her walking around with Heather," he said, then promptly turned back to his beloved laptop.
Patton left his brother and Dustin and walked out into cool crisp air. He started to make his way up to the Lincoln’s camp site to see if Evan was awake. After a few minutes, he spotted Heather and Rebekah walking down the road.
"Hey Heather," he said with a smile. "Winks!" He gave his lil' sis a hug and asked were they were heading to.
"Uhm...no where?" Rebekah said with a laugh.
"Yeah, we're just kinda...walking," Heather told him, smiling as always.
“Alright, well, we'll see you later," Patton said and continued walking. Rebekah and Heather looked at each other and giggled, for no particular reason. They started walking again, heading towards the dining hall.
Once they reached their destination, they were quite hungry. They threw some bagels in the toaster and walked over to Karl to see what he was doing. Rebekah sighed when she saw the all-too familiar Garry's mod game. Heather sat down in the chair next to Karl, watching him play. Rebekah rolled her eyes and sat down at the table. Heather laughed and got up from watching Karl. She walked over to her look-alike.
"Hey, I'm gonna go find some M&M's, you coming?”
Rebekah jumped out of her seat. “Of course! What are we waiting for?!?!”
So they made their way up the road. As they were crossing the log, a hideous thing jumped out from the trees! The girls’ eyes popped out of their heads O.O They both shrieked.
"What is that?!" Heather exclaimed. "It's all blue and hairy, and-“ Just then the Thing made a vile noise, something of a growl, a howl, and fingernails on a chalkboard. It rose up on its two hind legs and towered over the girls. They screamed and darted over to Heather's camper where Patton and Evan had been chatting. When they heard the shriek and the scream, they jumped up. Patton ran to his trusty Jeep and pulled out several weapons of mass destruction. Patton tossed a rifle to Evan, and they both ran to the girls. Each young man pushed his sister behind him, and took a stance. The artillery seemed to cause the Thing to pause for a moment, during which the two girls managed to pour out their short tale of what had happened.
"Oh my gosh," Patton said, as the Thing made it's noise again. Patton and Evan began shooting, and reloading, and throwing grenades, but the Thing kept coming as if nothing could stop it.
The four of them ran to the Jeep and jumped in. Patton quickly told Evan what he planned to do.
“I'm gonna run that way and draw it away from everyone. Then after a few minutes take the Jeep, and come get me.”
Patton charged into the forest and the Thing followed. After a few minutes passed, Evan rammed on the gas. They dodged trees and rocks, as the girls bounced around in the back seat. A few moments later, they stopped.
"Ev, what're we gonna do now?!" Heather asked vehemently.
"You guys stay here. I'm gonna go make sure that Patton's okay, and that he knows where we are."
With that, Evan jumped out of the Jeep and powered into the woods. Heather rolled down the passenger window, where you could clearly hear the crashing of the Thing.
"Patton!" they heard Evan call. Heather and
Rebekah rummaged through the Jeep until they found some bear spray.
"Well, this should hold it off long enough for us to get away," Rebekah said.
"Hopefully," added Heather.
Evan ran through the forest, finally spotting Patton showering the Thing with bullets. Evan joined him.
By this time, everyone at the camp had heard the ruckus, and was wondering what was going on.
While Patton and Evan were in the woods, Seth and Dustin had managed to find their way to the Jeep, where the two very anxious girls were. Dustin pulled open the door and Heather impulsively hugged him.
"What’s going on?" Seth asked in his unusual accent. The girls quickly explained, and Dustin and Seth conferred. It was decided that Seth, because of his fractured rib , would stay with the girls, while Dustin went and fired his pistol into the air to let the other two young men know where to go.
Patton and Evan ran out of bullets shortly after, this. Thankfully, they heard a shot and assumed it was one of the guys. They ran towards the sound, and found Dustin running towards them. Patton and Evan asked if the girls were alright. After hearing affirmative, they started to plot and planned on how to get rid of the Thing.
"We should head back to the Jeep first," Evan suggested. The other two agreed, and they covertly slipped through the trees.
Rebekah and Heather literally breathed a sigh of relief when the three burst from the tree line and onto the dirt road on which they were parked. Seth seemed a little more at ease also.
They then decided to call 9-1-1. Patton reached for his cell phone, only to find it missing.
“Aww man, it must have fallen out when I was running through the trees.”
Evan pulled out his phone and called 9-1-1. After giving a report of a 7ft blue and hairy monster, the police simply laughed and wouldn’t take them seriously. They sighed, frustrated.
Rebekah said suddenly, "Hey Heather, wanna go get those M&M's before it comes back?"
"Sure, I guess. That’s the reason we came up here anyways!"
They ran over to her camper. Once inside, they both took a handful of M&M's.
"Hey, you want an Oreo before we go back to the guys?"
"Sure! And let’s take back a few for them too." Rebekah replied. Heather reached down and took them out of the cabinet.
"Here, just take the whole box, it’s easier," she said.
As they walked back to the guys, the earsplitting sound came again, only this time much closer than before. The girls squealed and dropped the box of cookies. They ran and hid behind a tree.
The big blue Thing waddled over to the cookies, plopped on the ground, and began eating them.
The girls gasped.
"Duh!” said Rebekah, “We found the cookie monster!!!!! no wonder the bullets didn't work. look at how fat it is! they just bounced off!"
"Oh wow, I think you're right!" said Heather, as the Cookie Monster devoured the last cookie. It then leaned against a nearby tree and fell asleep.
The girls almost squealed in delight, but they didn't want to wake it up. They ran back to the guys and quickly explained what had taken place. They then very strategically caught it and tossed it in the back of the Jeep, and carried it to the local zoo.

written by Heather and Rebekah- Thanks to Heather for the spell check =P
camouflage
camouflage
Scratching furiously

Back to top Go down

Post by Avrash Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:27 am

See the above?? That's Becky and mine's craziness with a notebook, something to write with, and a dul teaching at Sukkot. tongue it was fun. We alternated, each writing a few lines, then passing the book.
Avrash
Avrash
Partying!

Back to top Go down

Post by Yehoshua Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:08 pm

That was fun...Very Happy
Yehoshua
Yehoshua
Prinicipal

http://www.theaiofanslife.viviti.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Cal jordon Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:01 pm

As I stepped out of my boat, I saw Billy coming straight for me, and then I realized that he was the one I beat to third place! But before he had the chance to hit me Josh stepped right in front of me and hit him with a resounding blow which sent him reeling back. Then Billy went away muttering about revenge.
“Thanks,” I said.
“Anytime,” he replied.
It seemed my boat would not start, but then I realized the throttle was jammed in the full forward position even if I pulled it all the way back. I had to call the lake side mechanic who had to change the entire throttle which almost cleaned all of my money.
That evening I played a multiplayer computer game of risk with Tommy, Derek, and CJ and then watched a movie. Ben was coming over so I had to share my room with him; Josh was already sharing his room with CJ and Jonny and his family were in the guest room.
The next morning Ben would arrive so I had to clean my room before I went to bed. I fell asleep and woke up at 8 in the morning, but before I had finished breakfast at 10 Ben arrived.
I drove my boat to the dock got my red new dirt bike, but before I started it I was surrounded by Billy and his friends.
“So what are you going to do now without your big brother?” taunted Billy.
“Come on you guys lets beat him up before we get caught” said a very afraid bully.
As they advanced on me I gunned my motorbike and zipped through them and didn’t stop until I reached Tim’s house. We got lost in a conversation until I saw speeding toward us a group of angry bullies.
I shouted “got to go,” gunned my bike and drove around town with them chasing me until I drove into our garage almost out of gas. I then ran upstairs to my room got my pellet gun and stuck it out the window at the bullies.
“Perfect,” I sought as a sky car passed over head. “No one will hear me.”
I aimed at Billy then fired my pellet gun. The bullies hit the ground when Billy screamed and went scrambling for their dirt bikes after I hit a couple more of them.
The pastor of our church really likes to tell everything in plays and dramas before the sermon, so we were playing the Good Samaritan and I was one of the thieves ,but one of the thieves tripped so the guy who was going to get ‘beat up’ ‘beat us up’ and the play went berserk. After that the play went back to normal until the real live donkey wouldn’t move, so it took three of us to make him move.
Our church is made out of four main areas the church room, the gym, the movie room, and the cafe. The cafe was the after church meeting room.
After the church service I went riding on my dirt bike with Luke, John, CJ, and Jonny. We had a race to the docks and CJ won barely by a few second.
“So the big brave boy with out there leaders,” sneered Billy.
We all gulped, but I gunned my bike and veered off hit two of the bully’s bikes out of position and raced of in the direction of the church, and so did the rest of them.
“Hey! Where are you going we just wanted to say hello!” screamed Billy.
We raced all the way to my house before we stopped.
“Whew! I thought we were goners” Jonny said as he took off his helmet.
“Well I thought so also” I added.
“Me too."
“Me three, but I smell some chicken grilling, care to let me join?” pleaded Luke.
“Well I’ll have to ask my mom,’’ I said but before I could turn around I heard a voice say “All right he can come.”
I whirled around to see mommy standing in the doorway.
After dinner I went online to check my website.
“Hey could I come in for a while?” asked CJ.
“Yeah what is it?”
“Well I found this parchment in my back yard under my tree.”
Cal jordon
Cal jordon
Lounging outside.

Back to top Go down

Post by camouflage Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:32 pm

Yehoshua wrote:That was fun...Very Happy

Yup!!! very Razz
camouflage
camouflage