The Homeschooler's Retreat
CLOSED DOWN AND MOVED. SEE ANNOUNCMENT.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

CLOSED DOWN AND MOVED. SEE ANNOUNCMENT.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

September 2010 Newsletter

4 posters

Go down

September 2010 Newsletter Empty September 2010 Newsletter

Post by Yehoshua Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:57 pm

SEPMTEMBER 2010 NEWSLETTER

Well, school’s begun, so most of you all are complaining about Algebra or Geometry or something of the sort. Blech. Mine’s begins soon, but who am I to gripe? In HR land (doesn’t that sound so poetic) not much has been going on. Just the usual posting and stuff....however, if I must say something, it appears that as of late, Heather (Avrash/Hadar) has been using her Hadar account. Why? Perhaps she’s gotten tired of Avrash. It’s boring to use the same name, no? Also, Boys v. Girls has been restarted, with the girls fighting as hard as they can. I refuse to post because of...religious views. Wink And finally, don’t forget that the elections will soon be up! Who will you want to moderate the little people of HR land? Not me for sure....but don’t try to earn brownie points with me for the election. It ain’t gonna work. Just remember that. Of course, if you could get me at least 10 books that I really liked that might have made a difference of sorts....or you could get me Narnia 3. I really wanna see that. Am I getting off subject? Oops. Now it’s time for a few stats! Very Happy
We have 8055 posts, 40.89 posts a day, 0.71 topics a day, 140 topics in total. Our top commented in topics are as follow: Boys vs. Girl, Revolt of the Gileadites, Describe the Person Above You, Silver Saddle Ranch, and Word Association. I’m not here to bore you with facts. Ahem...and without further ado...a word (actually several) by Cal.

How do you feel about going back to school well I hate it. First having to sit a classroom after complete freedom and being late the first day it is not my favorite subject. I asked Pyro maelstrom a well respected citizen how he felt this is his answer,’’ I have mixed feelings about it all. Like, I'm dreading the math, welcoming the English, and simply tolerating the rest of the work. Well here is one answer and I cannot believe why people like school. School is a pain in the neck and I wish they could just download the information to your head.
By the way we have a little sister staying with us for 1 year and I say little sisters are pains.
Random Fact of the Day: Did you know Vikings never really had horns in their hats?

Remember, I don't endorse ANYTHING he said. Especially the sister being a pain part.

An Interview with an Interviewee
OK, so it’s time to interview Hadar or Avrash. She’s also called Heather. Or Miss Lincoln. Or maybe she can use the name Hadar Avrash Lincoln! Nah...that spells HAN. And Han’s more of a boy name. Or is it?
She’s an ordinary 15 year old girl—a teenager. And...that’s it. She’s ordinary no more. She even uses innit instead of isn’t it!! We must no more about her! Wait, did I spell ‘know’ ‘no’ because I’m in a rush? Oh no!
What do you enjoy doing? "Reading, sewing, cooking, running, talking to people online..

What was one of the most worst things that ever happened to you? "Uhm...ahh, well, I'll go with being bitten by a dog 2 yrs ago- got dragged on the ground, now have a few scars on my arm. Very Happy"

Do you like the HR or not? Why'd you join it? "Duh? Of course I like it! And I joined because a personal friend, Esther (aka MAINE) told me about it."

What are your best and worst qualities? "You tell me."

Would you care to share all your numbers like credit card and social
security stuff with us? We'll keep it a secret! "Weell, it would help to have a credit card, for one. And two, I haven't had reason to learn my social security number yet. Very Happy I do know the last four, and no, you cannot have them."

What is a random fact about you? "I make a terrible girl sometimes!"

What is your favourite color? "CAMO!!!!!!!! But that's more of a pattern, I guess.... So hunter/ dark green."
~Miss Lincoln~
She even signed it Miss Lincoln! Why is that? I guess we’ll never no! Sad NOO!!! *fades off*

Yehoshua
Yehoshua
Prinicipal

http://www.theaiofanslife.viviti.com

Back to top Go down

September 2010 Newsletter Empty Re: September 2010 Newsletter

Post by Pyro Maelstrom Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:09 pm

Nice newsletter! Though you might want to reread over that to see some grammar and structural issues.
Pyro Maelstrom
Pyro Maelstrom
Partying!

Location : I'm a city kid, born and raised, especially when on an elevator.

Back to top Go down

Post by Avrash Sat Sep 04, 2010 3:01 pm

Haha, very nice, Josh.
Avrash
Avrash
Partying!

Back to top Go down

Post by Yehoshua Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:33 am

Pyro Maelstrom wrote:Nice newsletter! Though you might want to reread over that to see some grammar and structural issues.

Most grammatical and structural errors were on purpose.
Wink
Yehoshua
Yehoshua
Prinicipal

http://www.theaiofanslife.viviti.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Chill Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:48 am

Ah, so now your doing news letters. Nice.
Chill
Chill
Sight-seeing

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down