The Homeschooler's Retreat
CLOSED DOWN AND MOVED. SEE ANNOUNCMENT.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

CLOSED DOWN AND MOVED. SEE ANNOUNCMENT.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Silver Saddle Ranch

+4
Yehoshua
Pyro Maelstrom
Chill
FiddleRose
8 posters

Page 1 of 28 1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 28  Next

Go down

Silver Saddle Ranch Empty Silver Saddle Ranch

Post by FiddleRose Thu May 27, 2010 2:34 pm

Christa Tudor woke up crying. Why did she keep having dreams about the accident? It happened five years ago. Chris looked at the clock. It was 4:53. She put on a T-shirt, jeans, and boots.

She quietly crept into the attic. She got out her grandfather’s violin and played a few songs. She then went to the kitchen and grabbed an apple. After she took a bite, she went outside. She headed to the stables and stopped at her horses stall. There he was. Golden Legacy. She remembered getting him for her twelfth. birthday. It was the last birthday that her mom was alive to celebrate.

She gave Legacy the rest of her apple and saddled him up. Chris mounted him and headed to the woody part of the ranch.

She lived on this ranch her whole life. She grew up around horses. She knew her father was worried about her becoming a loner, but she wasn’t. As long as she had horses and God, she would never be alone.

Laura Jones awoke and couldn’t wall back to sleep. She lied there thinking about her life before coming to Silver Saddle Ranch. Her father kicked her mom and her out of the house when she was seven. They had an apartment, but got evicted. Her mom didn’t go to college. So, she couldn’t get a very good job. They lived at a Christian homeless shelter for a time. Then they were in the grocery store and heard some women talking about SSR. That’s how they got here. They had been here for three wonderful months.

She looked at her mom sleeping on the bed across the room. Laura knew that her mom was mad at God. Laura recalled the day she went to church with a friend and became a believer in God.

She remembered her mom saying, “If you wanted to believe that stuff, fine! But leave me out of it!”

She prayed for her mom everyday, and Laura would continue to do so until she found God.

Laura heard some noise outside.

Who could be up it’s 5:00 in the morning.

She slipped into some clothes and went outside. In the distance she saw Christa Tudor with her horse, Golden Legacy. Chris mounted to horse and began to ride.

Why is she up this early?
FiddleRose
FiddleRose
A graceful beauty

http://www.fictionpress.com/~brokenbeauty

Back to top Go down

Silver Saddle Ranch Empty Re: Silver Saddle Ranch

Post by Chill Fri May 28, 2010 8:05 am

Um...hi...I'm just posting so I can read this RPG. so...don't mind me.
Chill
Chill
Sight-seeing

Back to top Go down

Post by FiddleRose Fri May 28, 2010 9:39 am

After about an hour of riding Legacy, Chris put her horse in the paddock and sat on the fence. She watched her horse frolic in the fields.

If only we all were carefree.

Laura just finished her breakfast. She went outside and breathed the fresh air in. Today would be a good day. Especially since school was out for the summer. She saw Christa Tudor sitting on the fence watching her horse. Laura decided to go over and say hi.

She went over to Chris and smiled, “Hi, Chris. How are you?”

Chris looked extremely uncomfortable, “Hey, Laura. I’m great.”

Since Chris didn’t seem to want to talk, Laura said her goodbyes and sat under a tree. She leaned back and looked at the clouds.
FiddleRose
FiddleRose
A graceful beauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Pyro Maelstrom Fri May 28, 2010 9:55 am

Gabriel woke up in a cold sweat, the old ally way he had stumbled into the night before seemed cold and dark. The city beyond was already bustling with the early rush of traffic. He remembered he was in Huntington, Kentucky, but a city was a city to him.

Stretching, he grabbed his only jacket, a corduroy pullover, and headed out into the sidewalk. Putting his hands in his pockets, he made a vain attempt to get warm.

But the thick air of the city makes that almost impossible. He thought bitterly.

Walking over to a small cafe he waited for it to open, he had been in Huntington long enough to now that this cafe tended to open before any of the others. He waited a hour before the owner finally came and unlocked the door. The man glanced over in Gabriel's direction, hesitated, then finally went inside. Gabriel fingered the change in his pocket, he earned it while he was still in the countryside helping with farm work. He ordered a small plate of eggs and a biscuit then walked outside. After about fifteen minutes of sitting and eating, and after several customers had come and gone, he overheard someone say something about a Ranch.

"Oh it really is a beautiful place Kim dear, it was simply a drive by but the place looked so inviting." An old woman was speaking to a another woman who looked to be in her late forties. "I hear that they have more land then any other farm in the area. And its just a few miles out of town. The Silver Saddle Ranch I think its called." The other woman stirred her coffee with a spoon to cool it down. "It sounds wonderful Mom, but I think I prefer the city to the country and I..........." But Gabriel wasn't listening. He was running down the sidewalks and across streets toward a the newspaper stand. He asked for a newspaper and promised to give it right back. The man hesitated before giving Gabriel the paper, but nodded anyway.

Gabriel instantly found the name Silver Saddle Ranch in the paper and the address. He thanked the newspaperman and carefully gave back the paper. He had the Address memorized as he ran in the direction the Ranch was supposed to be. He might not make it that day, but he saw an opportunity, what that opportunity was, he had no idea.
Pyro Maelstrom
Pyro Maelstrom
Partying!

Location : I'm a city kid, born and raised, especially when on an elevator.

Back to top Go down

Post by FiddleRose Fri May 28, 2010 10:07 am

Chris saw her dad and a man talking. They were next to a horse trailer.

Awesome! Another horse!

She went over and looked in the trailer. The horses was just skin and bone, but Chris knew that the horse used to be beautiful.

She still would be if she wasn't treated to badly.

Her father asked her to take care of the horses. She was use to the routine. She lead the timid horse to a vacant stall. She got her some water and food. As Christa watched the horse eat and drink, she started thinking of a name for her.

The horse was a palomino. Her tan coat and light mane matched perfectly. She had long slender legs. Her eyes told the sad tale of her trials.

Chris gave the horse a pat and said, "How do you like the name Shining Hope? I think I'll call you that."
FiddleRose
FiddleRose
A graceful beauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Yehoshua Fri May 28, 2010 1:44 pm

Melody Tudor had taken the early bus to get back to the good old Silver Saddle Ranch. The bus screeched to a halt, and she got off, walking the rest of the way. She was glad to be back home. Her father and Chris were talking, and a tan horse was there. She ran over there and said hi to both of them, and told them that she needed to go get some rest.
She entered their house and put her bags down and jumped on her bed, glad to be back at home. She needed to be away from her father to think for awhile, but before she did, she wrote a note to her sister asking her to talk soon.

Ryan had just sent his younger sister Jane to go and sit by the stream so he could be alone. Summer had begun, and he was really excited that it was here. He saw the new girl Brooke, who'd just been here for 2 weeks. He smiled and said hi to her. He asked her if he could sit down.
Yehoshua
Yehoshua
Prinicipal

http://www.theaiofanslife.viviti.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 28, 2010 1:51 pm

Marcus had just gotten up and decided to escape for awhile on his to go bird hunting. Even though he had been there for along time he was still a little shy.Why did my parent have to die. he thought as he rode further away. they were outstanding citizens.

Back to top Go down

Post by FiddleRose Fri May 28, 2010 2:21 pm

Laura saw that the ranch was slowly coming alive. She got up and went to the stable to take care some horses. After she fed watered, and groomed her assigned horses, She found Chris. Chris was taking care of a new horse. Sometimes, Laura didn’t get her. She seemed friendly, but at the same time Chris could be rather cold.

I guess that’s the way some people are.

Chris finished taking care of Shining Hope. She headed back to her house. When she entered the kitchen, she saw a note on the table. It was from Melody. Chris smiled. She read the note then headed to her sister’s bedroom.

The door was opened. She knocked on the wall, “Hi, Melody.”
FiddleRose
FiddleRose
A graceful beauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Yehoshua Fri May 28, 2010 3:04 pm

Melody sat up. It was Chris. She smiled and then said, "C'mon in." Chris did so, and Melody told her a bit about college, but got to what he'd wanted to say. "Recently, I met this guy at college who isn't a Christian. We've been going out, and Dad is mad. So our relationship is strained now." She sighed. What would she do?
Yehoshua
Yehoshua
Prinicipal

Back to top Go down

Post by Avrash Fri May 28, 2010 3:06 pm

Brooke nodded to Ryan and gave him a shy smile. She'd seen him around, and he seemed nice enough, though she couldn't recall his name. She hadn't really talked to anyone yet, and she had seen that the other teenagers around had been given jobs with the horses. She had overheard Mr.Tudor saying to his daughter that he was 'giving her time to adjust.' Brooke wasn't exactly sure she liked that phrase.
Avrash
Avrash
Partying!

Back to top Go down

Post by FiddleRose Fri May 28, 2010 3:20 pm

Chris was shocked. Her sister was going out with a person who wasn't a Christian.

"I...I don't know what to say. Why haven't I heard about this before?"
FiddleRose
FiddleRose
A graceful beauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Yehoshua Fri May 28, 2010 3:29 pm

Melody scowled. "So now you're siding with my dad? I should have known this! Why did I even tell you? Thanks a lot, Chris. Thanks a lot!" She was angry, and stormed out of the room to go outside and get some fresh air. She walked past two people sitting. The boy said hi, but she ignored him. She just had to get away from here for a while. She had to!

Ryan saw that the girl Brooke seemed shy. Just then Melody, the daughter of Ryan, came storming by. He said hi, but she kept walking. He shrugged. Suddenly, he wondered where his sister might be. He had told her to return in 20 minutes. More time had passed. He nodded to Brooke and said, "Well, I'll be seeing you around." and went to search for his sister.
Yehoshua
Yehoshua
Prinicipal

Back to top Go down

Post by Avrash Fri May 28, 2010 3:34 pm

Brooke nodded to him silently and watched him walk off.
What's with her? She's been here for like, 4 hours, if that, and she's already storming around? Brooke decided she didn't like her.
Avrash
Avrash
Partying!

Back to top Go down

Post by FiddleRose Fri May 28, 2010 3:41 pm

Chris sat there for a few minutes. What did she say that made Melody think she was on Dad's side? She walked to the porch and sat down on a nearby chair. She saw a girl heading toward her. She was African-American. Chris remembered who she was. Laura.

Laura approached her and smiled, "Hi! Are you okay? You look kinda sad."

Chris tried to smile, "Family drama."

Chris groaned inside when Laura took a seat next to her.

I don't need to talk. I just need to be alone.

Last edited by FiddleRose on Fri May 28, 2010 3:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
FiddleRose
FiddleRose
A graceful beauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 28, 2010 3:44 pm

shoots a bird and comes back to the ranch and give rabbit to cook then wanders of to do some carpenter.

Back to top Go down

Post by FiddleRose Fri May 28, 2010 6:05 pm

Since Chris didn’t seem to want to talk about her family drama, Laura changed the subject, “It’s a nice day isn’t it. No more school until next fall.”

Christa only nodded.

I should try to find Melody.

Chris said goodbye to Laura and headed to the stable. Before she could reach it, she heard someone call her name.
FiddleRose
FiddleRose
A graceful beauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Pyro Maelstrom Fri May 28, 2010 7:00 pm

Gabriel had ran off and on for several miles, he had gotten out of the city and into the country side as quickly as he could. Finally slowing down he breathed in the cool, crisp night air. Although he was hungry, all he could think about was where he was. He had always loved the country, he just couldn't run in the city. But mainly because the city brought up too many memories. But it suddenly hit him that he didn't know what he would do when he got to the Silver Saddle Ranch. It was about half a days walk, but he had no plan.
He put his hands in his pockets and fingered the knife his Dad gave him before the "accident". It had always helped him when he was stuck, like when he needed a splint after he had sprained his leg running.
Looking up he decided to walk the rest of the way that night. He could always sleep later.
Besides, he reasoned, this Ranch just might have something for me to do.
Pyro Maelstrom
Pyro Maelstrom
Partying!

Back to top Go down

Post by FiddleRose Sat May 29, 2010 3:53 am

Laura got up from her chair and saw the new girl, Brooke. She wanted to go over and say hi, but Brooke was kind of shy. She decided to do her other chores. She went and got a black horse named Pirate's Treasure. She brought him outside and got a hose and a bucket of soap. As she began to bath him, a boy was walking near her. Laura decided to have some fun.

She yelled"Watch out!"

Before he had time to react, Laura sprayed hose water on him.

Chris turned around. It was her father.

Ryan Tudor spoke, "Did Melody tell you about him?"

Chris nodded.

"You told her it was wrong right?" He asked angrily.

Chis shook her head.

"Christa Tudor! You-..."

Chris interrupted him, "I never told her it was wrong or right. I just...Oh. Forget it! Just forget it!"

She ran to the stable. Even thought she heard her father calling her, she didn't stop. When she reached Golden Legacy's stall. Christa crouched down and cried.

No one understands me. The only person who does understand is dead, and it's all my fault.
FiddleRose
FiddleRose
A graceful beauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Pyro Maelstrom Sat May 29, 2010 9:24 am

((Who was the boy again?))
Pyro Maelstrom
Pyro Maelstrom
Partying!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 29, 2010 12:14 pm

asks melody , do you need anything to do with wood.

Back to top Go down

Post by Yehoshua Sat May 29, 2010 12:41 pm

A while later after Melody had calmed down, she walked towards the stables, sniffling. Why was her whole family against her? Why? She thought she heard crying in one of the stables, and walked over there. It was Chris. Melody sighed and walked in.

Ryan ran everywhere looking for Jane. She was nowhere in sight. He decided to go back and ask that girl Brooke if she'd seen anything. When he got there, Jane was sitting down next to Brooke! Confused, he walked over to the two.
Yehoshua
Yehoshua
Prinicipal

Back to top Go down

Post by FiddleRose Sat May 29, 2010 2:14 pm

((Whoever wants to be the boy.))

Chris heard footsteps. They stopped next to her. She looked up and saw Melody.

What does she want?

She looked back at the ground, "Go away, Melody. Please."
FiddleRose
FiddleRose
A graceful beauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Yehoshua Sat May 29, 2010 2:29 pm

Melody didn't know why Chris didn't want to talk to her, but she abided by her sister's wish and walked away.
Melody ran to her room and shut the door, crying.
Yehoshua
Yehoshua
Prinicipal

Back to top Go down

Post by FiddleRose Sat May 29, 2010 3:35 pm

Laura turned the hose off and handed the boy a towel.

"I'm sorry. I couldn't resist," She said lightheartedly, "I'm Laura Jones. What's your name?"

Chris stopped crying and stood up. She went outside and saw her father headed her way. She walked faster and entered the house. She was unaware of Melody in the house. She went up to the attic. She got out the violin and began to play a song.
FiddleRose
FiddleRose
A graceful beauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Pyro Maelstrom Sat May 29, 2010 6:53 pm

Gabriel ran his hands back and forth through his hair rapidly to get rid of the water, which had felt glorious to him after so long without a shower.

He said laughing, "My name's Gabriel, and it's no problem. I'm looking for the Silver Saddle Ranch, have you ever heard of it? Nobody answered the door so I came round back, I hope you don't mind."
Pyro Maelstrom
Pyro Maelstrom
Partying!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 28 1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 28  Next