The Homeschooler's Retreat
CLOSED DOWN AND MOVED. SEE ANNOUNCMENT.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

CLOSED DOWN AND MOVED. SEE ANNOUNCMENT.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Silver Saddle Ranch

+4
Yehoshua
Pyro Maelstrom
Chill
FiddleRose
8 posters

Page 2 of 28 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 28  Next

Go down

Silver Saddle Ranch - Page 2 Empty Silver Saddle Ranch

Post by FiddleRose Thu May 27, 2010 2:34 pm

First topic message reminder :

Christa Tudor woke up crying. Why did she keep having dreams about the accident? It happened five years ago. Chris looked at the clock. It was 4:53. She put on a T-shirt, jeans, and boots.

She quietly crept into the attic. She got out her grandfather’s violin and played a few songs. She then went to the kitchen and grabbed an apple. After she took a bite, she went outside. She headed to the stables and stopped at her horses stall. There he was. Golden Legacy. She remembered getting him for her twelfth. birthday. It was the last birthday that her mom was alive to celebrate.

She gave Legacy the rest of her apple and saddled him up. Chris mounted him and headed to the woody part of the ranch.

She lived on this ranch her whole life. She grew up around horses. She knew her father was worried about her becoming a loner, but she wasn’t. As long as she had horses and God, she would never be alone.

Laura Jones awoke and couldn’t wall back to sleep. She lied there thinking about her life before coming to Silver Saddle Ranch. Her father kicked her mom and her out of the house when she was seven. They had an apartment, but got evicted. Her mom didn’t go to college. So, she couldn’t get a very good job. They lived at a Christian homeless shelter for a time. Then they were in the grocery store and heard some women talking about SSR. That’s how they got here. They had been here for three wonderful months.

She looked at her mom sleeping on the bed across the room. Laura knew that her mom was mad at God. Laura recalled the day she went to church with a friend and became a believer in God.

She remembered her mom saying, “If you wanted to believe that stuff, fine! But leave me out of it!”

She prayed for her mom everyday, and Laura would continue to do so until she found God.

Laura heard some noise outside.

Who could be up it’s 5:00 in the morning.

She slipped into some clothes and went outside. In the distance she saw Christa Tudor with her horse, Golden Legacy. Chris mounted to horse and began to ride.

Why is she up this early?
FiddleRose
FiddleRose
A graceful beauty

http://www.fictionpress.com/~brokenbeauty

Back to top Go down

Silver Saddle Ranch - Page 2 Empty Re: Silver Saddle Ranch

Post by FiddleRose Sat May 29, 2010 3:35 pm

Laura turned the hose off and handed the boy a towel.

"I'm sorry. I couldn't resist," She said lightheartedly, "I'm Laura Jones. What's your name?"

Chris stopped crying and stood up. She went outside and saw her father headed her way. She walked faster and entered the house. She was unaware of Melody in the house. She went up to the attic. She got out the violin and began to play a song.

FiddleRose
A graceful beauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Pyro Maelstrom Sat May 29, 2010 6:53 pm

Gabriel ran his hands back and forth through his hair rapidly to get rid of the water, which had felt glorious to him after so long without a shower.

He said laughing, "My name's Gabriel, and it's no problem. I'm looking for the Silver Saddle Ranch, have you ever heard of it? Nobody answered the door so I came round back, I hope you don't mind."

Pyro Maelstrom
Partying!

Back to top Go down

Post by FiddleRose Sun May 30, 2010 4:09 am

Laura chuckled, "This is Silver Saddle Ranch. Welcome! If your planning to stay here, you need to talk to the owner, Ryan Tudor. I can show you where his office is if you want."

Gabriel nodded reluctantly.

She motioned with her hand to follow her. They came to a small building. She knocked on the door. When Ryan Tudor answered it, she explained why Gabriel was here. Ryan told Gabriel to come in.

As Laura was leaving, she whispered to him, "Ryan's going to interview you. To learn a little more about you."
FiddleRose
FiddleRose
A graceful beauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Pyro Maelstrom Sun May 30, 2010 10:11 am

Gabriel had a sense of foreboding as he stepped through the door. He didn't know what was going on, but he didn't really care either. All he wanted was a job so that he could get some money to live off of.

Looking around, all he saw was a man behind a desk with a load of paper in front of him. "Hello?"
Pyro Maelstrom
Pyro Maelstrom
Partying!

Location : I'm a city kid, born and raised, especially when on an elevator.

Back to top Go down

Post by FiddleRose Sun May 30, 2010 10:21 am

Ryan Tudor gave the boy a smile. He told him to have a seat.

When Gabriel sat down, Ryan began to speak, "Hello. Laura tells me that your name is Gabriel, and you would like to live here. Tell me about yourself."
FiddleRose
FiddleRose
A graceful beauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Pyro Maelstrom Sun May 30, 2010 10:35 am

Gabriel wasn't sure what he meant by "live here", but started to explain why he was there.

"Well sir, there's not much to tell. My parents... its not important as to where they are. I have been on my own for almost six years now. I used to be in southern Tennessee, but I can up here when I heard the shortage of Farm hands in the state. In short sir, I need a job, any job, so that I can buy what I need as I travel. I came here after I overheard someone say that there was a Ranch nearby, I came to ask for a job."
Pyro Maelstrom
Pyro Maelstrom
Partying!

Back to top Go down

Post by FiddleRose Sun May 30, 2010 10:50 am

The man smiled, "You look like an honest boy. The pay for the work you do here is board, food, and some money. Is that pay okay? What type of work would you like to do? Do you prefer physical or mental work?"
FiddleRose
FiddleRose
A graceful beauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Pyro Maelstrom Sun May 30, 2010 10:58 am

Gabriel sighed with relief and smiled. "Yes sir, the pay is more than I had hoped. Sir, I think physical labor is what I am more suited for. When can I start?"
Pyro Maelstrom
Pyro Maelstrom
Partying!

Back to top Go down

Post by FiddleRose Sun May 30, 2010 1:58 pm

Ryan nodded. He got out a key and handed it to him.

"This is the key to your cabin. Since you want to do physical work, you need to get use to being around horses. I assumed you haven't ridden one. Am I correct?"

Gabriel nodded.

Ryan continued, "After you get settled in, go to Stable B, and wait at Golden Legacy's stall. A girl with long, curly, blond hair will show up. Her name is Christa, one of my daughters. Tell her that I sent you. She will teach you everything there is to know."

Laura had decided to wait outside for Gabriel. He seemed like a very nice person, but there was one thing that bugged her. Where are his parents?

Chris put the violin down and went downstairs. She decided to do the dishes. After that, she would go see her Legacy.
FiddleRose
FiddleRose
A graceful beauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Pyro Maelstrom Sun May 30, 2010 2:16 pm

Gabriel took the key and thanked Ryan. He had been around horses a lot since he had entered the state. He had even helped with a horse drawn plow once. He wondered what there was to do around the Ranch besides the horses.

Either way, he thought, There is no way I am going anywhere soon. At least, not without some money to tie me over until the next farm.

Gabriel suddenly looked up and saw the cabins. They seemed so large for just living in. He wondered if he was going to have to live with another person.
I'm not sure that would be so fun. He thought. Once inside he took off his tattered jacket and his worn black hat. He was too tired from the walk to notice anything in the cabin other than his bed. Since he had nothing else, besides the clothes he was wearing and the knife in his pocket, he headed for the stables.
Pyro Maelstrom
Pyro Maelstrom
Partying!

Back to top Go down

Post by FiddleRose Sun May 30, 2010 3:41 pm

Laura saw Gabriel come out for Ryan's office. She decided to let him get settled in the ranch. The question about his parents could wait.

Chris finished the dishes. She went to go see Legacy. When she reached his stall, a boy was standing near it. She walked over to him.

"Can I help you?"
FiddleRose
FiddleRose
A graceful beauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Pyro Maelstrom Sun May 30, 2010 3:53 pm

Startled Gabriel introduced himself. "Am man named Ryan Tudor said to come here, would you know anyone named Christa by any chance?"
Pyro Maelstrom
Pyro Maelstrom
Partying!

Back to top Go down

Post by FiddleRose Sun May 30, 2010 4:58 pm

Chris smiled, "You're talking to her. Nice to meet you. Everyone calls me Chris. What's your name?"

"Gabriel." he said simply.

"If my dad sent you, that must mean you're new here. I'll be showing you the chores you have to do. Are you comfortable with horses? Have you ever ridden one?"

Laura saw Ryan, his sister, and Brooke talking.

She went over there and decided to make small talk, "Hi, everyone! Guess what. There's a new guy here named Gabriel. He seems really nice."
FiddleRose
FiddleRose
A graceful beauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Pyro Maelstrom Sun May 30, 2010 5:53 pm

"Actually, no. I mean, sure I've been around horses a lot since entering the state, but I have never actually ridden one before." Although slightly embarrassed about the fact that he had never ridden a horse in his life, he looked Chris in her eye as he spoke. "But I have cleaned out stables, fixed them, and re shoed a mule once. Any of that help?"
Pyro Maelstrom
Pyro Maelstrom
Partying!

Back to top Go down

Post by FiddleRose Mon May 31, 2010 2:55 am

Chris nodded, "That's the kind of work you will be doing, but I have one thing to teach you. Go straight until you come to the stall with Dancing Sunset. Wait for me. Gabriel, today you are going to learn how to ride a horse."

As Gabriel headed to Dancing Sunset's stall, Chris began to saddle up Legacy. When she finished she headed to the stall with Legacy. She reached the stall and started to saddle up Sunset.

"You can learn to saddle a horse later. Sunset is very gentle. She shouldn't give you any trouble. If she does, I'll be riding Legacy right next to you. So, you have nothing to worry about."

When she finished with Sunset, she turned to Gabriel. Her eyes danced with excitement, "Are you ready to mount the horse?"

Laura realized that she was rambling about Gabriel. Poor Ryan, Jane, and Brooke. She imediately stopped herself, "Sorry. I got carried away. I'll stop now."
FiddleRose
FiddleRose
A graceful beauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Pyro Maelstrom Mon May 31, 2010 7:53 am

Gabriel looked at the horse then back at Chris, then back at the horse again.
"Sure, why not?" He knew that Chis was excited, then again so was he, but he wasn't about to show her that he was nervous about it.
He gently led Sunset outside and stopped. Chris came out only seconds later. Then he grabbed the pommel of the saddle and put his foot into the stirrup. Hoisting himself up he sat a little awkwardly in the saddle. Taking the reins he gently wrapped just enough of it around his hands so that there was plenty of slack, but he wouldn't accidentally let go either.
"So... what do I do now?"
Pyro Maelstrom
Pyro Maelstrom
Partying!

Back to top Go down

Post by FiddleRose Mon May 31, 2010 8:38 am

Chris showed him how to control the horse. They went to the woody part of the ranch. He was a great rider. Chris rode in silence and enjoyed the view.
FiddleRose
FiddleRose
A graceful beauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Yehoshua Mon May 31, 2010 8:57 am

Ryan shook his head and laughed. "Never mind," he said. "It's ok. We all get carried of sooner or later." He looked at his watch. "I think I'll go ask Chris what I gotta do now. I'll be seeing you around!" He walked off.

Melody had finished crying and saw her sister Chris with a new kid riding off. She decided to follow them, so she got a horse and rode behind them, quietly thinking.
Yehoshua
Yehoshua
Prinicipal

http://www.theaiofanslife.viviti.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 31, 2010 11:10 am

Run up to Melody and asks ,what should i do.

Edit: Please talk and 3rd person form, and don't forget Melody is on a horse riding. Thank you!

~Marvin~

Back to top Go down

Post by Pyro Maelstrom Mon May 31, 2010 2:12 pm

Gabriel suddenly had the sense that somebody was following them. Looking behind he saw a girl on a horse. She looked to have been crying, so he suddenly stooped his horse and turned around.
he called to her saying, "Hey there! You okay?"
Pyro Maelstrom
Pyro Maelstrom
Partying!

Back to top Go down

Post by Yehoshua Mon May 31, 2010 2:20 pm

Melody looked up, surprised the boy had heard her. She slowed down to wipe away her tears. When she caught up to him, she said, "What's it to you? Why'd you care?"
Yehoshua
Yehoshua
Prinicipal

Back to top Go down

Post by Pyro Maelstrom Mon May 31, 2010 2:38 pm

Gabriel looked straight into her eyes, but saw only hurt in her eyes. "I asked because I was concerned," he said quietly, "I guess it really is none of my business, but you think I would ask if I didn't care at all?"
Pyro Maelstrom
Pyro Maelstrom
Partying!

Back to top Go down

Post by Yehoshua Mon May 31, 2010 2:52 pm

Melody sighed. "Never mind, I've just been feeling bad. Nothing I care to share though. Thanks for being interested." She rode away from the boy.
Yehoshua
Yehoshua
Prinicipal

Back to top Go down

Post by FiddleRose Mon May 31, 2010 3:39 pm

After Melody left, Chris quietly said, "That's my older sister. She's been upset most of the day. She's having some personal problems."
FiddleRose
FiddleRose
A graceful beauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Pyro Maelstrom Mon May 31, 2010 3:47 pm

Gabriel glanced at Chris and said, "She looked hurt. Emotionally I mean." he stopped then added almost inaudibly but just loud enough to hear, "I'd know that look anywhere."
He then noticed it was getting late, and how tired he really was. He nearly fell out of the saddle from exhaustion. "Whoa!" He caught himself just in time. After getting off he horse, he asked if he could turn in early that night.
Pyro Maelstrom
Pyro Maelstrom
Partying!

Back to top Go down

Post by Avrash Mon May 31, 2010 3:49 pm

Brooke sat silently after Laura stopped talking. She had enjoyed hearing her ramble on. Brooke envied the way that Laura spoke and carried herself with such confidence, something she felt she'd never have.
Why can't I just speak up and be friendly, like her? she thought. Like, Jane, she shares a cabin with me and yet I don't think I've said a single word to her the whole time I've been here!

Last edited by Chayah on Mon May 31, 2010 4:05 pm; edited 2 times in total
Avrash
Avrash
Partying!

Back to top Go down

Post by Yehoshua Mon May 31, 2010 3:51 pm

Melody rode away to a small brook, and sat there thinking. Why did this have to happen to her?

Ryan had completed most of the work for the day, and took Jane to have some supper. After the meal, he went looking for Chris to ask her what else he could do.
Yehoshua
Yehoshua
Prinicipal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 28 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 28  Next